Most centers’ performs an IUI without husband sperm health test thus their IUI fails
Sperm Testing - At Akruti Fertility Centre, we perform a detail sperm test called SFA (Sperm Function Analysis) & Sperm DNA test in which sperm sample is studied in detail along with its genetic DNA, reports are generated as per guidelines of WHO (world Health Organization).
Sperm Processing- Sample of healthy sperms of husband is obtained & this Husband sperm sample goes through a special wash & processing which removes dead & defective sperms along with other unwanted substances.
Note** (Portable Box for sperm collection at home available at additional cost)
Basic Definitions for Semen (Sperm) Quality :
1) Azoospermia – Absence of sperm (Zero Sperm) in the ejaculated semen sample.
2) Oligospermia – Very low presence of Sperm in ejaculated semen sample.
3) Aspermia – Absence of Semen or retrograde Ejaculation.
4) NecroZoospermia – Very low Healthy sperm & high presence of dead/defective sperms.
5) Teratozoospermia – Low percentage of Morphologically Normal Sperm
If husband sperm health report shows that sperms count is low or
sperm’s DNA health is far below normal then IUI is not advised
but if sperm health is slightly below normal then maximum one or two IUIs
can be performed before the infertility specialist suggest the couple other suitable procedure.